Sunday 30 January 2011

Foodage

Another reason for wanting to write this blog now is, I suppose, that I am currently feeling particularly turned on to food (note: that's turned on to, not turned on by). I've always loved to eat, of course. Like a horse, you could say. For some time now I've taken an interest in what and where I'll be eating...but I suppose there was also a fair amount of convenience-eating going on. At the moment I'm trying to eat well, my new year's resolution being to cook more. 


Since the new year began, I've had a crash course in cooking, quite literally, for the magazines. I had a Chinese Cookery Lesson (courtesy of Jeremy at School of Wok) which was enlightening, I've interviewed Yotam Ottolenghi and Gizzi Erskine and have some more eateries to add to the (ever-increasing) list - both chefs highlighted St John's in Clerkenwell to me, so I am keen to cover it for a food review. I also tried a Detox for the Beauty Page (and lapsed, of course) but still, it was interesting to be reminded of alternative, sugar-free snacks, fresh, quality, seasonal meals that are low-carb but delicious (they really were). No sooner was the detox over, the lovely Natalie over at Sweet Things in Primrose Hill sent me the latest cupcake offerings from her busy cakery (perfect timing) and next week I am learning how to make truffles with a chocolatier. 


Oishiii Japanese in Stoke Newington tonight...review soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment